- Most stops will be changing District Wide and we will be implementing neighborhood stops beginning September 2022.
- New Duty of Care Dismissal Practices being implemented September 2022 pertaining to authorization to release students from school/bus. Must list all "designated contacts" for bus dismissal authorizations as a School/Bus Pick Up Contact in the Parent Portal. Authorization changes to release protocol are listed below. To update "designated contacts" complete revisions in the Back to School Portal.
- K-2: Required to have a parent/guardian or designated contact present (at the bus stop or school) to authorize dismissal from school or off the bus.
- 3-5: Required to have a parent/guardian or designated contact person (at the bus stop or school) to authorize dismissal from school or off the bus OR a complete waiver (release without a parent/guardian present). Formal Release Waiver Form will be available on 8/15 to authorize release from the school or off the bus.
- 6-8: Authorized to dismiss off the bus without a parent/guardian or designated contact present, unless otherwise notified in writing (opt in).
SCHOOL MEALS AND FREE & REDUCED PROGRAM UPDATES
- The government is no longer providing free meals to all students; you must participate in the Free & Reduced program.
- New applications must be submitted every year in order to qualify.
- "Reduced" category is being treated as free for this school year.
- Whether you believe you will qualify or not, please complete the Free & Reduced Application, as the government may use this data for other funding purposes, as well as other additional benefits, such as assistance with student device protection plans and summer P-EBT benefits.